Monday, May 20, 2013

Tasty

This weekend was such a fun one.  We have been having such busy, family fun filled weekends lately.  I wish I could tell you that's why I haven't blogged in a while, but sadly, it's just because I'm lazy!  I take nap times as an opportunity to tidy my house, catch up on my Tv, and usually, take a nap myself!:)  But I'm here now!

This weekend I "ran" a 5K with my sister, and her girlfriend.  Erin has just recently gotten into running, like this last week. So we did spend a lot of time walking, and eating.  You read that right, eating.  We ran the first annual, Taste Addison, Tasty run.  They had tasting stations set up along the run, which usually resulted in a long line, and lots of standing, so we finished the 3.1 miles in roughly 50 min.  It was a fun run, and I don't really enjoy running, so I don't find running for time to be all that important!  Though, once Erin gets in better shape, we will actually run one!:)

After the run, Adam brought the boys up to the Taste Addison festivities and met us.  We played in the water, kind of a splash pad, and road rides, and have a great time.  Unfortunately, it was really hot out.  Granted, it was only like 93 that day ( I'm so not ready for 100's yet) so we stayed until about three, and headed home.  IT was a great day, the boys slept on the way home.  No one got sun burnt, and I got a little exercise which was probably negated by the food, including, snuffers cheese fries, and tiff's treats cookies that I ate all day!:)







1 comment:

The Links said...

I'm SOOOOOOO not ready for 100 degree weather either. It's so depressing when it's that hot