Saturday, March 7, 2009

ohhhhh... Mother Nature... She listens to me!


That's right, I must have an in with Mother Nature. Since moving here to Pennsylvania, I hoped and wished for a snowy winter. We didn't really get it the first winter we were here, only having about 6 inches the WHOLE winter. I was sad. THIS winter on the other hand, my prayers were answered. It started out with one day where in snowed all day, and silly me didn't leave early from work, so what is usually a 30 min drive, ended up being a 2 hour drive. That day, I didn't like snow at all. We didn't really get any snow from then until last Sunday night.

If anyone doesn't know, I'm obsessed with weather.com, I am constantly looking at it to see what's coming up. Adam always makes fun of me, so last weekend I hadn't looked at it. But Sunday morning when we woke up we had a little coating of snow, but didn't think much of it. For some reason I decided I wanted to know what was going on for the week, so Sunday night I decided to look. Much to my amazement we were in a Winter store WARNING. I was soooo EXCITED!!! They were predicting 12 inches of snow by Noon on Monday. Needless to say I wasn't going to work. Sadly, even though Philadelphia declared a state of snow emergency, Penn didn't close and Adam had to get up and go to school. Here are some pictures of the dogs playing... THEY LOVE THE SNOW!!!I'll let you know that these pictures were taken in the morning when I got up, there was more snow that fell throughout the day. It was CRAZY.



Her ears don't really stand out like that!:)


I think he is scared that he was up to his belly in snow.



When we came inside we tracked in so much snow it was silly, I guess this is one good reason to have a sunroom.


Luckily I have a tidy little dog, who likes to clean up after herself.


And I have another who gives in to peer pressure.

So once it stopped snowing, I had to go to work on Tuesday, and I quickly went back to HATING the snow, and ready for it to be spring. I had to shovel 9 inches of snow off of my side of the drive way. I was nice and didn't make my husband get up at 8 AM to do it for me. ( He's lucky) It's sooo hard, but needless to say, today it was 75 degrees and beautiful. The flip flops were out! YES!

No comments: