Thursday, February 7, 2013

Jet plane

As I gear up for our two week vacation,lists, packing, shopping, packing kids, lists for grandparents,  I can't help but get a little sad.  Sad, you ask?  I'm going to be leaving my babies for two whole weeks.  No, I'm not being a mommy martyr, because I do other things that don't revolve around my kiddos, but y'all, two weeks is a long time.  The longest we've been away is seven days.  That was a long time, Graham was still just a baby.  About day five of that trip we were wondering " I wonder what the boys are doing?"  also, we were just in Hawaii.  I could text my sister, and get an update, I could get pictures.  This time, texting will be hard, different time zones, and international roaming probably isn't cheap!:)  I know they will be in GREAT hands, and have lots of fun things to do, but it will still be sad.  I'm missing valentines day with them, and with such great ideas on pinterest, I'm sad.

Never fear, I have gathered a few things for them to receive on Valentines day.  My mom never really did a ton on holidays, it wasn't our thing, but I DO remember always waking up and hunting for our Valentines.  It wasn't ever anything big, a cheesy heart shaped box, or little stuffed animal, but we always got something.  Even into adulthood. The year before she passed, she brought Adam and I "Valentine" donuts. Needless to say, boys will always get something silly and fun for Valentines day.

Anyway, in my preparation for the trip, I've emptied my camera card.  So over the next several days, I'll be posting some of my favorite pictures from months past!:)  I hope you enjoy them and they bring a smile to your face just like mine!

1 comment:

The Links said...

I'm sure it will be hard being away for 2 weeks but you are so lucky to be able to get away for that long. I would do anything for just a weekend away right now!! I have only been away from Pearson two nights and they weren't consecutive nights.