Monday, December 16, 2013

Park Party

Now that Dylan's birthday was about a month ago, I thought I would fill you guys in on his celebrations!

With Dylan's birthday falling so close to the Thanksgiving Holiday, I decided to not have a party like we have in the past.  Just too much to deal with in too short of a time!  We did a family party in San Antonio, then we got some of his friends together at one of his favorite play places for cupcakes and playtime.

The park party went smashingly.  All he really wants in a party is to open presents, eat cake, and have balloons!  Adam's Aunt had planned for us to have a picnic lunch at a near by park, which was great, because it gave the boys a little time to get some energy out before we headed back to Dallas.  I hadn't really planned on much other than making him a cake, and bringing him the few gifts I had gotten for him.  It would be just family at this one, which was nice, because then his great grandparents got to join in, since they hadn't ever been able to attend one before.  He woke up that morning super excited, and found balloons, that I didn't know where down stairs, lining the hallway into the living room.  ( side note: They were huge balloons that just happened to come attached to a new 2014 Corvette Stingray that Adam's aunt and uncle had purchased the day before) He gathered them, and brought them to our room. 

He had requested a spider man cake.  Now, I've never made cakes for their birthdays.  I usually always order them, as it saves me time and effort.  But since we were not having a big party at our house, we made it.  It was just a box cake.  A Strawberry cake, picked out by the birthday boy himself!  He was soooo excited to see it.  He had to go to bed before we would decorate it.  Daddy did a GREAT job.  I found the idea on pinterest, and Adam executed it! 

After a late-ish brunch, we packed the car and headed to the park.  Of course the boys only wanted to swing, so that's what we did until the entire party arrived!  Once everyone was there, we opened presents first, because we had realized we didn't bring any forks for the cake, so I knew he was going to be a mess after it! I was right!  Dylan is to the age where he wants to open all his presents himself, and is equally excited about each one!  Christmas should be a fun, slow time!:)

He was gifted lots of super hero's stuff!  Turtles, Spidey, and even some Skylanders.  He got some great games, that he of course wanted to open in the car!  I would say, even though this party was not like the usual one that he has, he had a great time, and still talks about the park party.

The next day, we did a little play date party at Kid Mania, where his aunt, and his 5 besties, Graham, Carson, Caleb, Everett, and Caden, joined us for some ninja turtle cupcakes, pizza, and juice.  Sadly, I forgot my camera in my mad dash to get out of the house.  But he wasn't so much into playing, as much as eating cake and opening presents.  I guess this is where the four year old brain goes.  I mean, I guess I can't blame him.  I love presents and cake too!

I can't believe my first boy baby, who was born in a snow storm, is 4 years old.  He has developed into such a little boy, with a love of all things super hero, and sports.  He loves his baby brother something fierce, and asks almost daily when his baby sister is going to come out.  He has such a sweet soul, but can be pretty stubborn at the same time. He makes us smile every day, as well as pushes our buttons.  I'm not sure we could have asked for a better biggest brother, and first born. 

No comments: