Thursday, December 25, 2008

Husband, Family and pets, does it get any better?



Do you think he was sharing or stealing?

I know that I said I probably wouldn't post until I got back from skiing, but we had such a FANTASTIC Christmas I felt the need to post. I guess you could say that Christmas in the Fenner home started last night, well evening really. We had a fantastic meal, complete with turkey, stuffing, rolls and all the sides you could think of. Following that, we headed off to church. ON our way out we hear the Catholic church playing Christmas carols from their loud speaker, it really just set the mood! After church we came home to pumpkin cheesecake and presents.:) Who wouldn't like that, come on now!

What was left of the cheesecake on the plate!
Between, both sides of parents and Adam's sister, we made out like bandits, we got EVERYTHING on our list. We couldn't be thankful enough. We really do have so many people in our lives that love us. But I would have to say that MY most exciting gift, is my new CAMERA. I got a Canon Rebel XS. It is pure bliss. I had a Canon Rebel 35 MM back in high school, where I took three years of Photography, so I'm REALLY looking forward to playing with my camera and learning it again. The poor dogs have had their picture taken so many times since last night, they probably want to eat the thing. We got so much more, we got a stick blender, that has all these cool attachments, Gift cards galore, I got a heart rate monitor, to make my workouts more productive, A subscription to Food& Wine, because Adam and I DEFIANTLY need more recipes and wines to try;)

Well we left some of the gifts to open this morning, following the family tradition of Creamed turkey and eggs which was delightful of course. To days big gift was for Adam ( and me of course) and it is an HD canon video camera. We had been wanting one since last year, and this was the year. It's pretty cool, because it's HD so when we play it on our TV, it will be just as clear. With that came a Tripod, and a disk maker thing. I'm not sure what it does, but Adam does. It makes it where we can Easily make CDS of the videos, and I can even make slide shows of my pictures and put them on the disk. Haha, Adam's comment was " Oh yea, we get to become those people that make people watch their slide shows." We're getting so old. I guess being together for almost 8 years will do that to you. We had MANY years of pictures we can put into slide shows, it's going to be cool. So I'm going to go and eat my turkey pot pie now, but I'll leave you with some of my pictures. Keep in mind, I was just playing with all of the settings on the camera!:) Have a good rest of Christmas:) And have a HAPPY NEW YEAR

They love each other!




Louie, " getting some love"

No comments: