Monday, October 21, 2013

Fall is here!

Last week, the boys had "fair day" at school.  Sadly, we were not provided with fair tickets, and honestly I wouldn't have taken them that day anyway!  So I came up with the idea to head to the Arboretum, to visit the new children's garden.  In August I think, Adam's mom sent me an email about it, and said she thought it would be fun for the boys!  So we got it on our calendars, and set forth!  They only have two entry times, 9 and 1.  So of course because of naptime, she picked 9!  We had to get up early, to swing by her house to pick her up, but we made it with time to spare! 

It was perfect timing, because I wanted to take the boys to the famous pumpkins there, because we had never been!  What we learned later, was we should have hit those up before heading to the children's Garden.  WE were early for the garden, so the boys just played around and looked at some of the pumpkins around there.  Graham was really interested in moving them.  Luckily, his muscles were not big enough to lift most of them, seeing as I'm sure that is frowned upon!

The children's Garden opened, and I would venture to guess that we were the first ones in there!  Overall, the boys had a great time, but my personal opinion was that it was maybe a little old for them. It was a lot of reading information, and things that they , I felt were to little to really grasp.  It was beautiful though, and they had a great time looking at everything.  But Dylan really just wanted to "play."  They did have one little area that they could play in.  It had a house, sand box, some large ants they could climb on.  It was funny, almost everyone that had a kid in there asked their kid to stay out of the sand box.  I'm really not sure why places even put them in.  Such a mess!

After the new part, we headed to the already crowded pumpkin patch, where I had to lie to my kids to get them to look at the camera.  I told them if they smiled Spider Man would come see them.  Oops.  But I did get some good pictures ( after I do some face changing in photoshop) so, over all it was a great day.  The weather turned out to be beautiful, though we all started in jackets. 

I love that fall is here, and well, seeing that Dylan has not really taken off his Halloween costum, I think it's safe to say that he will be sad when October is over!:)

No comments: