Monday, October 7, 2013

Two

He did it.  Graham went and turned two on us today.  It's hard to believe really.  It has been such a fast year.  Adam and I were talking about it last night.  Time really does go a warp speed when you have kids.

He has become such a little boy.  He talks, has his own opinions, like and dislikes.  A few weeks/ maybe months ago, I thought for sure he was entering the "terrible two's"  he was cranky, mad for no reason, and just kind of a turd.  Luckily, he grew out of that quickly, and this last month or so has really been a joy.  He listens , as much as a two year old does, loves his brother, plays, and generally has a good temperament.  I think it comes from school.  He has to listen and follow directions there, so it moves on to home. 

First haircut
Some of his favorite things to do are play outside, and race things.  He loves to push cars, trains, planes, anything with wheels really around the house.  He loves to throw balls, and play "fight" with his big brother.  I'm amazed that we have not had a ER trip, or broken bone.  They rough house a lot and well, I love it.  It's scary and sometimes annoying, but I think that is part of having a brother.  Maybe they will get it all out before they are teenagers? I won't hold my breath.

His speech is amazing, I guess he is probably your typical toddler on that front, but because of Dylan, he seems amazing.  He will repeat anything we say. He can express to us exactly what he wants, and if we don't understand he takes us to it.  His favorite song is currently the ABC's.  I have an app on my Ipad that has the song and he will literally listen to it for 45 min back to back.  Thus, he knows the song, and is really adorable when he sings it. 

opinions
He is a much better eater than his brother, thought you wouldn't know it looking at him.  He was also blessed with Adam's metabolism.  He got my good looks, but Adam's skinny!;)  He eats things that I am amazed with.  He loves black olives, salad ( sometimes) broccoli, and pickled beets.  He of course won't eat a grilled cheese, or lunch meat, and just about every lunch is chicken nuggets,pizza,hot dog, corny dog, or a PB and J at school.  Oh well.  He is growing.  I'm not sure how tall he is, but he weighs 24.5 lbs on a good day. 

He is still a great sleeper, getting up at 7:30ish on most days, going down around 8.  He takes a good nap on non school days, but on school days just a short one, then we do something fun after usually so he goes to bed early!

I can't believe two years have passed since welcoming him into our lives.  He fit so wonderfully, and I know that Dylan is happy he has a little brother to " potet" as he says.  I can't wait to see what this year holds for us, as he becomes a big brother himself.  I'll be honest, I'm a little scared!  I love watching him grown and learn new things every day!

The difference of a year!

Happy birthday baby!  I still can't believe it!
 

No comments: