Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Tessa's Nursery {Reveal}

Better late than never I guess.  It's not even really "done" but I never really finished Graham's nursery either.  He didn't get a clock in his room until a few months ago!  Oops!

So I'm sure everyone who has two boys has dreamed about what a girl nursery would look like forever.  I'm not one of those people.  Sure, when I was pregnant with Dylan and Graham, I had thought about it.  But when I knew that I was having a girl, I panicked and didn't know what to do. 

We moved Graham from his room into the room that shares a jack and jill bathroom with Dylan's. WE figured the boys should be together and the girly could have her own!  I did know that we would have gray walls.  Because I absolutely love the gray we picked when doing Graham's room.  I wanted to paint the stripes to make it a solid gray but Adam didn't want to. He won.  Then next was bedding.  I chose to go with polka tot designs for a bumper again ( I know I know, but I use bumpers sorry!) seeing as Graham's is still in his crib and it's in decent shape!  I love that you can pick fabrics and do what you want instead of settling for a something that is close to what you want.  I knew I didn't want it to be pastel pink or anything, I picked my two favorite fabrics and sent it to Adam to pick one.  After 13 years together, I still don't make decisions about anything unless I run it by Adam first.  Which is probably why there is not much floral girly stuff going on in my home.


One thing I knew for sure was that I would NOT be having a red glider again.  Much to Adam's dismay, I had it reupholstered, and I'm so glad that I did.  That glider was not cheap, and I love it so much, I'm glad that we will be able to use it in a setting that is not a nursery now that it's not a primary red!

I ordered the bedding, then went on a mission for the other stuff.  Crib was next.  I knew I wanted a white crib.  I wanted a crib that I had picked out back before Dylan was born for a girl, but of course, it was discontinued about 2 months prior to me trying to order it.  I'm so happy that the crib I got was going to be available  as this company seems to always have a back log of cribs.  I love it.  It's the the right amount of girly.  Tessa's room is the first nursery that I didn't buy matching furniture.  I'm not sure why, but I went with an Ikea dresser and I'm so glad that I did.  The drawers are soooo much bigger than the boys and deeper, and will be nice when she is older and has more, and bigger, clothes to fill it with.  

I saw a room on pinterest where they had the whole wall covered in curtains and I tired to recreate that.  These curtains are from Ikea, and have kind of a velvet texture.  They seem much nicer and pricier than they actually were.  I also stole the photo ledges for bookcases idea from pinterest.  Eventually her Anywhere Chair will sit under there.  She'll probably get it for her birthday.  
My favorite things in her room have to be the You are so Loved print, her set of children's books that sit above the dresser they add such great color and I know one day we will love reading them together ( Even the boys) , and her custom made doll.  Though I wish I knew she was going to have blue eyes before I ordered it.  

So there you have it.  I still need to get a clock or mirror or something to put over the recliner to fill that space, but it's pretty much done, and she is loving sleeping in her bed at night!  Thank goodness!






No comments: