Wednesday, November 5, 2008

When did it become okay??

When did it become okay, to put up Christmas decorations before Thanksgiving, or Halloween, in the case of areas around here?

For as long as I can remember, you weren't supposed to get out those decorations until the day after Thanksgiving, let alone getting them out BEFORE Halloween! Janelle and I were strolling through, what might be the biggest mall in the country, King of Prussia, and I noticed that the HUGE Christmas tree in the center of the place was already up and decorated! Alright,alright, it was Halloween that day, but you get the picture. Then, Janelle told me that SANTA CLAUSE was going to be at the mall for pictures starting NOVEMBER 15. How crazy is that?

On my way home from the gym tonight, I drove by a house that always decorated to the nines, and they had taken their glow in the dark pumpkins down, and strung Christmas lights in the tree, and changed their porch lights to be green and red. CRAZY!!! Especially since it gets SO dark here so fast these days. I am talking 5 PM it looks like it's 10. It's crazy!! Anyway, just wanted to know, when do you put out your Christmas goodies? Me? Probably not until December 1 or something. We live in an area of the country that produces, the most BEAUTIFUL real trees, so last year Adam and I went to pick out our first real Christmas tree. Though, along with a real tree come, having to water it to keep it alive, and vacuuming, daily, if not hourly, to keep all the pine needles off the floor and out of the dogs and cat's mouth!!!

On another note: I read that it's national blog month, so I'm going to try to post everyday!:) Lets see if my life is that interesting!!!

No comments: