Sunday, December 27, 2009

A little different this year

Christmas was a little different this year, as to be expected, when you have a new addition to the family:) Not only was it Dylan's first, it was the first one in our new home, the first one where we got to spend it with both families ( since being married) and the first as a family.



Christmas Eve was spent over at Adam's parents house, where there were some other family members. Adam's Grandmother and her husband, and his aunt, uncle and cousin. So Dylan got to meet some of his extended family, though I bet that he won't be remembering that! It was a great time, we did presents and a full turkey dinner. We couldn't have asked for a better time, even Dylan had a good time. He was so good, slept most of the time, then ate, then was awake for presents. Which was good, because he got all kinds of things. For a three week old, he did well! Got all kinds of great books from his Aunt Laura including but not limited to: Where the Wild Things Are, The Velveteen Rabbit, and , some clothes, and some toys!

Christmas Day we spent at our house, my mom and sister joined us for an afternoon of a ham dinner, and presents. It was nice getting two full Christmas dinners so we weren't limited to having to pick turkey or ham! Again, Adam and I couldn't have asked for a better Christmas day, which was probably cut short due to nap time, for both me and my mom. I just can't hardly make it through the day without a nap!

Lastly, yesterday, we headed back over to Adam's parents house for a small family reunion if you will. Grandma Lou's new husband Richard's family had come into town. Some were local, others came from Chicago, and Atlanta. So Adam's mom hosted everyone and it was a good time, with lots of food. Everyone was amazed at how good Dylan was, he basically slept the whole time, and well everyone wanted to wake him up, so a little before we left I woke him up so that his Grandma Suzan could show him off, that is of course, until he had a dirty diaper then he was passed off to Mom and Dad!

Needless to say, we're tired of eating, as well as just overly tired. I feel like I could sleep all day, but sadly, I have this little tiny human that will not let me do that like I used too!:) My next post will be about my new " toy" and no, I don't mean Dylan. Sidenote: If I hear one more person refer to him as a toy, I might scream!

1 comment:

Preemie Donna said...

Love to hear you guys had a good christmas. Need to give your mom a call. Miss her not work. LOL. So glad Dylan is doing so good and a good baby. Be careful a good baby only makes you want another faster. :)