Thursday, December 17, 2009

Almost, but not quite

You don't really think about it when you are pregnant. But those annoying things during pregnancy are our bodies way of kinda preparing us for what is to come at the end of the nine months. Like I said, I didn't really think about this until well, I came home with a newborn, and those annoying pregnancy things were a walk in the park!


As most who read this blog know, I absolutely LOVED being pregnant. Granted, I had a very easy time, but I loved every minuet of it. In fact, I kinda miss it, and can't wait until the second time ( which will not be for a while, don't worry) But as I sit awake at 4 AM, I think about the things I mentioned above. So here is the list I came up with!



1) Getting up 900 times a night to pee----- Not bad considering, you get to stumble there, and stumble back and get back to sleep in a matter of moments. With a newborn, you have to get up every three hours. Yes I set an alarm, because my little man LOVES his sleep. But it's not a quick thing to do. You gotta wake baby up, feed him with could take forever depending on how you are feeding them, change them, then hope and pray they are going to back to sleep.


2) Bending over while pregnant. The only time I had a problem with this was when I had eaten to much and well, I couldn't breath. Well try bending over holding a baby who has no head control to speak of! It's VERY hard... I've gotten good at picking things up with my feet, that is if I'm sitting on the couch!
>



3) Naps: A past time of most pregnant ladies, I know it was of mine. I have always been a napper. I can take an hour nap and wake up feeling refreshed and ready to go. Well, with a newborn you gotta take naps. I mean a nap from 8-9 PM is GREAT. I feel sorry for anyone who can't take naps. My poor husband can't. Luckily, I don't really wake him up in the middle of the night. His boobs are no good to our son!;)


4) Annoying comments. Who doesn't get tired of the same comments over and over when pregnant. My favorite " How are you feeling?" I hated that question when I was pregnant. But I got it all the time. Well, when you have a baby, you will get all kind of information from lots of sources, that well you might not agree with or want to hear, but you gotta take it with a grain of salt! ( And no, I haven't gotten to much of that, that I've listened to at least!;) )


So that's all I can think of now, I didn't have an issue with pregnancy brain, but man do I have newborn brain. If I don't write it down, I forget it!

No comments: