Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Lesson Learned

It was learned the hard way. Sunday night, my sister and mom were over for dinner to celebrate mom's birthday. I decided I wanted to start a fire. I've never stared one before. I've always left that job to Adam. But since we had just gotten a long lighter, I figured I would give it ago. So Adam helped instruct me on how to do it. And I successfully got it lit. A short time after I notice TONS of black smoke coming from the fire place. THE FLUE( Is that how you spell it?)!!! Yup, that's right, stupid me didn't open it. Needless to say EVERY. SINGLE. smoke alarm was going off in our house and it was freaking loud. I haven't ever counted how many we have but it is plenty! One even talks to us. It says " Fire" as if the other 15 shrieking sounds weren't warning enough. We will not EVER be sleeping though a fire alarm going off. Good to know!

1 comment:

Christine said...

Eric just did that the other day and he has lit plenty of fires!! Love the new background!