Saturday, May 28, 2011

Mind consuming

Since finding out about kiddo #2, my brain has been consumed with nothing but nursery ideas. It's amazing, because as a second time mom, I should know that it isn't really all that important. I was the same way with Dylan though, I had to find the perfect bedding, paint colors, decor everything. It hurts my brain to think about it still.

Once finding out it was a boy, I was all set on colors and fabrics and furniture. Then Adam through me a curve ball. " Lets use the chair from Dylan's room, it's so comfy, we'll buy a new chair for his room since we don't use it much." It's a sad thing, but yes, my baby doesn't like to be rocked in his chair. He prefers to climb it! But anyway, off track. You see, the chair is RED. yes, what was I thinking? Red really threw a dent in my plains of green, orange and navy! So, we changed plans.

We are now doing gray, white and red. So of course, I bothered Adam with ideas for a week. I picked up 9 different grays to try out on the walls, and finally, on the 9th color found the perfect light gray, that isn't too light, or too dark. The perfect gray. It was hard I'll tell you. We hopefully we have the room painted in the next few weeks, so I'll post pictures along the way!!

Today, we are going to be purchasing new baby furniture, ordering baby bedding, and spending a nice day getting pedicures all the while, Dylan is spending the day with Grandma and Grandpa having a blast! I hope everyone has a great holiday weekend!

No comments: