Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Family Vacation

No matter how hard I try, I can't seem to make my pictures look "good" in text. I don't get it. Anyone have any tips?

So, in case you missed it, here is how it went getting to Denver. We had to fly into Denver, then drive 2 hours to Vail in case you were wondering. We got in late, I don't think we got to our condo until 9 or 10 because we stopped to eat. So Dylan was a little tired, but of course really excited to be in a new place that he didn't really want to go to bed.

The condo was a 1 bedroom with a loft, Adam's parents were kind enough to give us the bedroom because we had to share it with Dylan. He had a pack and play, but we knew if we couldn't shut the door, he would never take naps during the day, let alone sleep at night. The first night I was QUICKLY reminded why we moved Dylan from our bedroom when he was a wee little one. He is a noisy sleeper. Grunting, rustling, and rolling over kept me up. Not to mention that while it was only 60 something degree's in Vail, the condo hadn't been open, so it was 80 something in our bedroom. I was HOT. I didn't sleep very well.

The next few days are kind of a blur. The first day we ventured into Vail village to do some site seeing, and playing. They had this great pirate playground for the kiddo's Dylan enjoyed swinging, of course. Along with all the site seeing, we had some reservations to eat at some yummy restaurants. Which I'll be honest, were a little harder to enjoy with Dylan. But you know what? Toddler's throw food, silverware, crayons and napkins on the floor. People expect it. No biggie. We did learn that expecting him to sit through a three hour, 6 course tasting menu was a stupid,stupid idea!:)

Adam and his dad had 2 dates to play golf, of course. How could you say no to playing golf in 60 degree weather. I would have to say the highlight of my vacation was when my husband felt sorry for me and booked me a spa day. He felt like he was getting to enjoy his vacation by playing golf, and I was doing what I do day in and day out and that was hanging out with Dylan. He booked me a facial and a prenatal massage because he mom so generously offered to watch Dylan for me. It was amazing, probably one of the best massages I've had. I wish she lived in Dallas.

Then it was time to pack up and head home. A few days before we left, Adam and I drove by this new play ground so we stopped there on the way out of town. To get some energy out of Dylan. This is also where I took MOST of the pictures I took during the trip. Like I said, I failed at the picture taking.

No comments: