Saturday, October 29, 2011

{Three}

Three weeks have passed since Graham entered our little family. I feel like it's been a really long three weeks, but then other times, I'm like "oh my, he's almost a whole month old?" He and Dylan are very different babies, that's for sure.

I took Graham for his 2 week checkup. He weighed in at a whopping 8 lbs. 2 oz. So right there that is a difference. He is gaining weight. Adam and I wised up, and when he would still be screaming after nursing, we figured out that my supply was once again, not there. So supplementing with formula it was. Dylan wasn't 8 lbs until at least a month old. Graham eats all the time. I feel like he eats, sleeps and of course poos. We have had two blow outs this week. I can't even remember Dylan having one.

Graham needs to be swaddled. All. the. time. I have very few pictures of him where he isn't a burrito. If he breaks a foot out, or hand, he goes ballistic. Therefore this week we started doing the double swaddle. It seems to have worked, he hasn't gotten his arms out yet. I know, you would think if he is getting his hands out, maybe he doesn't want to be swaddled. Trust me, he still wants it. I hope he gets over that soon.


He also sounds a little like a pug. The kid didn't stand a chance in this house to not get a cold. Dylan was sick, then Adam got a bad cold for a week, I got a sore throat and runny nose for a few days. Luckily, he isn't that bad, but you can tell he has some stuff in his nose, I can't get it out with the bulb though, so that's no good. Poor little guy.

I can't believe next week he will be a month old. It's going to be a busy second month. He is getting baptized, his aunt Laura is coming in for a few months from Australia, and his first family photos, so we are sure to be busy! Hopefully, I'll be able to stay up to date with photo's because I know there will be many.

1 comment:

The Links said...

He is such a cutie. Have you tried a SwaddleMe blanket. That is what we used for Pearson and he loved it. It's like a baby straight jacket, he can't get out!!!