Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Working on their fitness

Soccer Stars
He saved it
He didn't make that goal.
This year Adam and I have been much better about trying to get in better shape.  We both played soccer in high school.  SO this year when I was asked to play outdoor, I said yes, hesitantly.  I was out of shape, I had lost the love of the game from having a terrible high school coach.  But I did it to help lose weight.  Much to my surprise, I wasn't terrible.  I still had the ball touch, thought not great, it never was.  With having games every Sunday, Dylan became quiet obsessed.  He even has his own "Uniform"  So when Daddy started playing outdoor he was in heaven. See, we both play indoor, but he can't get on the field at all with indoor, because the halftime is only 60 seconds.  Poor guy.   Unfortunately for Dylan, Adam's outdoor was in Carrolton and he only got to go to like three games.  The last one was on Monday, and the team hosted a cookout afterwards.  It was a lot of fun.  I forgot to mention that Becca's husband, Garet also plays on this team, so it was a great time.  I was lucky enough to get to leave my tiniest child at home with his Aunt, so I could enjoy some time actually "watching" the soccer game.  The little guys let us watch the first half before insisting that we head to the spray park and playground for the second half.  I am happy to say I finally remembered my camera so I got some action shots of our biggest boys, and out medium sized boys playing soccer.  I think Carson and Graham are going to be the stars of the Wylie High School team!
playing in the fountains

His season is over, just in time for my indoor season to start, and my outdoor season to start in the fall.  I'm not looking forward to all that heat!

No comments: