Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Four in Two

Some of you might remember me mentioning that I was playing soccer again. Indoor and outdoor.  My first season started in February, and we are about to start the fall season on Sunday.  I'm really enjoying the exercise, and the friends that I've made by playing.  But I'll tell you what.  I was reminded this weekend that I am not eighteen anymore. 

In high school we played tournaments almost every weekend.  four to five games if you did well in it.  Labor day weekend always has a tourney.  This weekend we played in it.  I learned that I am far to old to play four games in two days.  Granted they were thirty min halves instead of the standard forty- five.  But y'all, it was over 100 degrees.  HOT. Luckily, we have a pretty bad ass team, and we are really good, so I , as a defender, did not have to do much.  We did not get one goal scored against us.  Thus making us the Champions. 

Side note: We were also the champs of the Spring season, allowing only 5 goals, and not losing a game.  We got bumped up a division, so hopefully we will have the same results this season. We will see.

No comments: