Friday, January 9, 2009

The day!

With being in beautiful Vermont for several days, we finally made it to the slopes! It wasn't very long before we realized that we are Colorado skiers, not Northeast US skiers! Once we purchased lift tickets, snapped on our skies, and buttoned up our coats, we were on our way to to lift line. Which, luckily, there was only a little line for. On the way up, I noticed, that the skier and boarders below were producing a not very friendly noise on their way down.:) Let me give you a little background on my skiing expertise.

I went a few times when I was really little, and absolutely loved it. I mean, my sister and I would fly down the run, aiming for any little bump that we called " Moguls" on the way down. With being so young we had very little thought of hurting ourselves. Flash forward to Freshman year of college, my first ski trip with the Fenner's. At first I was not scared, but the faster I went the more it hurt! So then the thoughts started flowing. " I'm going to tear my ACL, I'm going to run into a tree and hit my head, I'm going to break my body" Needless to say, skiing wasn't as much fun when I realized how badly you can hurt yourself!

So back to Vermont. Once up at the top of the mountain, we just took a run. We had no map, no nothing. It was the worst skiing of my life. It was solid ice, with little patches of man made snow. So I basically went down the slope sideways and VERY slowly.We quickly learned, the first run we took was a green, now I usually don't do them, but it was the ONLY way down! Finally, probably an hour later I made it to the bottom! About half way down, I decided that that was the only run I would be doing, because it was really scary and it hurt really badly! But Adam and his dad decided they would stay and do a few more runs ( the ladies slow them down BIG TIME). So with Adam being excited to finally be boarding, his mom, uncle and I head to the car!

A few hours later I'm woken up, by my husband, from a nap. And he reviles to me, his arm. It was hanging in a sling, and he looks a little drugged up. Low and behold, he BROKE his collar bone. Now all I had to say was a least it wasn't his shoulder or a bigger bone!:) Always positive! So that evening, while everyone else went out to dinner, I stayed home to nurse my hubby. He was pretty useless. Because of course his right arm was the one injured, because who ever breaks a bone in their non-dominate hand?

So I leave you with a few pictures from my new camera that I took, while driving around the town, on the day BEFORE we went skiing. Most of the previous ones are from my old point and shoot, can you tell the difference?

Both are of the mountains from down in town:)



Next Up, New years Eve and a few pictures from Christmas I forgot:)

No comments: