Sunday, August 1, 2010

Why wait?

I know that Christmas in July is something that people get excited about. Heck, I was glued to HSN last weekend because they had their Christmas in July weekend spectacular. ( can you believe there wasn't ONE thing that I needed?) So with following with that tradition, kind of, we did THANKSGIVING in July. Yes, that's right. Turkey,mashed potatoes, rolls, cranberry sauce,deviled eggs, green bean casserole, and corn casserole, finished with a cheesecake. Eating off of fine bone china, and dreaking out of crystal wine glasses, does it get any better? It was magnificent.

See, Adam's family always eats three turkey dinners a year. Thanksgiving, Christmas, and then Easter. I decided that instead of only eating it within a 6 month span, that I wanted to do it, and man am I glad that we did. Erin, Michelle, and Rissa came over Friday night to play with Dylan, and to spend the night so as to be here when the cooking commenced on Saturday morning. Michelle was still a little old school, thinking that the bird needed to cook for 8 hours. I think Adam and I set her straight that 3 hours max, is all it takes.
We all over indulged, then needed a nap. Unfortunately, my little peanut was being a cranky pants, so no naps were had, but I do believe a good time was had by all. This week I will be posting many recipes and photo's of things that we made. Sadly, my food photography is quite crappy, so you'll just have to live with it. I don't have a famous food blog, so therefore, no motivation to create the setup I would need for good photos of food!;)

1 comment:

Brenda said...

What fun! Waiting for the recipes. Your Mom always bragged about your cooking.