Monday, November 1, 2010

Come and Gone

Another Halloween has come and gone. I have to say, of all the holidays, it probably has to be my least favorite. I don't really like to dress up, and well I don't need the candy in my house! This was my last year of not celebrating it I'm going to guess. We didn't take Dylan Trick or Treating, because well, it would have been stupid to. He can't walk, or talk, or eat candy for that matter. So I would have been trick or treating for me and Adam! I wouldn't have given us candy!;) Though this year we did go to a party.

Our neighbors are a little Halloween crazy. I'm talking people in the neighborhood would drive down the street JUST to look at their house. 8 foot spiders, and bodies tangled in webs, homemade Styrofoam tombstones, gates, lights, you name it, they had it. They even put out a fog machine for last night's kiddos! They have an annual party that we are invited too, last year we didn't go because we had other plans, the Stars game. But we went this year. I figured since they took the time to send out Save the Date cards in July, they were serious!

The party is costume required, so we pulled out what we had. Remember the Beaux Arts ball?
Well, we were 20's inspired. The costumes that some adults come up with is hilarious! I wish I had taken pictures. We had lots of smurfs, thing one and two, some gladiators. All in all it was a great time. Lots of food, they rented a restaurant grade margarita machine. I mean come on. Party time!




Everyone was asked to bring a "Horror d'oeurves", so I did what I do best and baked. I made cake pops, you know, like the ones Bakerella makes? Though mine were not NEAR as pretty as hers, but they were a hit, and everyone loved them. I made them red velvet to go with the bloody theme, cheesy I know, but oh well. I also decorated them like mummy's and placed them on a Coffin made out of Styrofoam. I was inspired by the neighbors! We had a great time, got to talk to some of our neighbors that were also there, as well as just get away!

Now some might be wondering about a baby sitter. Well since it was just next door, we put Dylan to sleep and wandered over there. Our monitor will get reception with the video up to about 3 houses down. IT was the perfect place for a party, we could drink and not worry about driving home, and the dogs were our babysitters!;)


Tomorrow my baby turns 11 months, hopefully I'll be able to get a post out. He is into everything and can't turn my back for more than a minuet before he is eating something he shouldn't. He might actually be just a puppy!;)

1 comment:

Kacie.Whigham said...

I'm impressed. I've tried a few times to make her cake-pops and have failed miserably! Mine wouldn't stay on the sticks. Way to go! Super cute!