Tuesday, September 13, 2011

First Week

Last week was Dylan's first week of "school." We decided that a Mother's Day Out program would be great for him to get some social interaction with other kiddos as well as give this pregnant Momma a "day out." He is going Tuesday's and Thursday for five hours. Do you know how quickly five hours goes when you don't have a toddler to tote around with you? Very quickly.


Tuesday morning we got up and got ready for school. He was in such a foul mood, I ALMOST felt bad taking him and leaving him. Remember, he had just come off some ear infections as well, so that was probably part of it. He flat out refused to carry his backpack or lunch box, so of course I did it. He would only carry Monkey. They recommended letting them bring something for nap time, to encourage them to take a nap. haha. I dropped him off, he went to play on the slide, and I managed to slip out the door without him seeing me. This is the trick to no crying. His teachers said he did great when I went to pick him up, other than the fact he didn't nap. Mind you, he takes about a three hour nap everyday, so he was pretty cranky when I picked him up. I marked day one as a success.


Thursday. He was in a great mood when he woke up, even walked ALL the way to his classroom from the car. Once he saw where he was though, all hell broke loose. The poor guy knew I was going to be leaving him, so he started crying. The teachers had to pry him off of me to let me leave. I know he only cried for like a minuet after I left, but it was still hard. The report at the end of the day was that he cried more than Tuesday, but I'm guessing it was more tantrum crying, like making him do things he doesn't want to do, than scared or missing me crying! So we will see how this week goes.

I do have to say though, I can tell already that this is going to be money very well spent. I loved my time off, which was spent grocery shopping, cleaning, laundry, getting a massage, and lunch with my husband, and I know he will learn to get along with other kiddos. His friend Carson is starting tomorrow, sadly though, they won't be in the same class. But hey, at least he'll "know" someone right?


I promise I had more pictures, but for some reason they are not on the card anymore. which is strange becuase I looked at them the other day? oh well

No comments: