Friday, September 23, 2011

Where does it go?

While on a walk last night, we ran into a neighbor who has just had her 4 possibly 5th, i can't remember baby. She was carrying him in a sling, so of course I had to go say hi. You know what blew my mind? How TINY that little guy was, 6 lbs 10 oz at birth, so not tiny by any means. I just honestly can't remember Dylan being so small. Nor can I believe in two short weeks I will have another tiny little guy. I guess I should have known when I pulled out newborn diapers and Dylan's shoes were bigger than them.:) It's amazing how you forget everything about babies. I don't remember having to get up a lot with Dylan in the middle of the night, but I do remember moving him upstairs to his bed at 8 weeks. Adam says he remembers though, but not me!



It's such a cliche, but it's so true. They really do grow so fast. I'm loving this stage with Dylan, other than the terrible tantrums for no reason, but he is such a funny and sweet little boy, I can't wait to see him with his baby brother. He is like a little person now. He has likes and dislikes, and lets you know about them, as previously mentioned. I find myself, though sad he is getting so big so fast, wondering what he will be like when he is five, or even ten. Adam brought it up the other day. " I wonder if we will always have other kids at our house, or if he will always be at someone elses?" You know, when you were in elementary, were you always at someone elses house? No one was ever at ours, so I was always at someone elses, and Adam didn't have cable Tv , the horror, so he was always at someones house as well. I guess only time will tell.

No comments: