Thursday, September 15, 2011

Weekend Getaway

Over Labor day weekend, Adam and I were fortunate enough to be able to attend a wedding for a college friend of ours in Austin. I say lucky, because not only did we get to go, but we also got to go alone. Adam's parents took in our child for 4 whole days! I say it to Adam all the time, but really, if we didn't leave near them and utilize their willingness to watch our rug rat, we would do nothing! Anywho, we dropped Dylan off early Friday morning, and made our way down to Austin. Only pit stopping once, which is pretty good for being 36 weeks pregnant. That one stop was not even for a potty break really. We stopped in West, Texas for some Kolaches. I couldn't tell you the last time I had been to Austin, but every time I go I stop there. Yummy in my tummy. We even stopped on the way back to get some for our freezer, for after Graham arrives.


Friday was " boys" day. They played a little mini golf, drank some beer, shot some guns and ate some all you can eat BBQ. Could they sound any more Texas? The gals, we had a nice dinner at Bucca Di Beppo, which was really good. I liked the variety since well, everything pasta and carb, sounds so good right now.

I love that about every year someone from our college friends gets married. It's a great reunion time. Though we are running out of people. We sadly had to miss two of the weddings in the past, one because we were in Philly, and another because Dylan was like 2 weeks old. We are going to be missing another one in October because Graham will probably be about 2 weeks old as well. I really should time having babies better!;)


We spent Saturday, eating good food, shopping, and spending time catching up with folks we hadn't seen in years. I love how our group of friends will travel from everywhere to come to weddings, we had people from California, Alaska, North Carolina, Massachusetts, and New York. How awesome is that?

The wedding was beautiful, the reception fun, though I didn't do much dancing for obvious reasons. Though Adam made me get out there for one song, it was a Miley Cyrus song where everyone jumped. There was no way that was happening!:)



The next morning at our hotel we were woken up by dogs barking, it took us a while to figure out that, no a dog show wasn't in town, but it was a bunch of people who had to find shelter from the wild fires. It was a mad house in there I tell you. I'm glad that we made the trip to see friends that we probably won't see for at least another year or so. I am also thankful that we were able to do so without taking Dylan. We probably wouldn't have gone other wise.

No comments: