Now that Dylan has reached the ripe old age of one month, I feel like I have a better idea of those " must haves" that I couldn't live without. These are going to be in no particular order, just things that I use on an everyday basis, or well almost everyday basis!
1) My Little Lamb Swing. BEST money spent for this little fella. He loves his swing. It allows me to take a shower. He also sleeps in it sometimes, when he doesn't want to be in his pack and play.
2) Pack and Play with changing table attachment. I spent months and months thinking how I wanted his nursery to look, and well he's been in there ONCE. I took him with me to get a pair of pants ( I have since then moved most of his clothes down to our room) He sleeps in his pack and play at the foot of our bed. We did have to get him a little inclined sleep posisioner, mainly for the little arm things on it. So he feels like he's being held. But we love that thing. I don't have to go far when he wakes up in the middle of the night, and we don't have to go all the way upstairs to change him.
3) Diaper Genie. We could probably live without this because his diapers don't smell that bad yet, but there is no way we could just put them in any old trash can. We have two VERY interested dogs, and I bet dirty diapers would be on their list of things to steal out of the trash!
4) Newborn Diapers and clothes. Now I know this might not be true for everyone, but Dylan is still in Newborn everything. Though because he has been spitting up a lot now, we've started to put him in some 0-3 months stuff. But it just swims on him!
5) Bottle warmer. We JUST started to use this. Dylan has been breastfed, but because of not gaining enough weight, we have to supplement with formula. Running warm water over a bottle TAKES F.O.REVER to heat cold water! The bottle warmer does it much faster and you don't have to stand there to hold it!
6) Carseat and stroller travel system. Dylan loves his carseat when he is in the car!:) It has allowed us to go out to eat several times becuase well, he sleeps so well in it!
7) Last but not least. Aden + Anais Muslin Swaddle Blankets! OMG, I LOVE THESE THINGS. They are amazing. I quickly figured out that you CAN NOT swaddle with Carters receiving blankets. I have read about people doing it with those, and I can't for the life of me figure out how they manage it. Dylan didn't last 5 minuets in those. These muslin blankets have a good stretch to them, so you can really get them tight. These will be what I give anyone I know for a baby shower gift. They are hands down, AMAZING, and cute too!:)