Wednesday, January 6, 2010

My Mommy Must Haves

Now that Dylan has reached the ripe old age of one month, I feel like I have a better idea of those " must haves" that I couldn't live without. These are going to be in no particular order, just things that I use on an everyday basis, or well almost everyday basis!




1) My Little Lamb Swing. BEST money spent for this little fella. He loves his swing. It allows me to take a shower. He also sleeps in it sometimes, when he doesn't want to be in his pack and play.









2) Pack and Play with changing table attachment. I spent months and months thinking how I wanted his nursery to look, and well he's been in there ONCE. I took him with me to get a pair of pants ( I have since then moved most of his clothes down to our room) He sleeps in his pack and play at the foot of our bed. We did have to get him a little inclined sleep posisioner, mainly for the little arm things on it. So he feels like he's being held. But we love that thing. I don't have to go far when he wakes up in the middle of the night, and we don't have to go all the way upstairs to change him.







3) Diaper Genie. We could probably live without this because his diapers don't smell that bad yet, but there is no way we could just put them in any old trash can. We have two VERY interested dogs, and I bet dirty diapers would be on their list of things to steal out of the trash!






4) Newborn Diapers and clothes. Now I know this might not be true for everyone, but Dylan is still in Newborn everything. Though because he has been spitting up a lot now, we've started to put him in some 0-3 months stuff. But it just swims on him!





5) Bottle warmer. We JUST started to use this. Dylan has been breastfed, but because of not gaining enough weight, we have to supplement with formula. Running warm water over a bottle TAKES F.O.REVER to heat cold water! The bottle warmer does it much faster and you don't have to stand there to hold it!





6) Carseat and stroller travel system. Dylan loves his carseat when he is in the car!:) It has allowed us to go out to eat several times becuase well, he sleeps so well in it!





7) Last but not least. Aden + Anais Muslin Swaddle Blankets! OMG, I LOVE THESE THINGS. They are amazing. I quickly figured out that you CAN NOT swaddle with Carters receiving blankets. I have read about people doing it with those, and I can't for the life of me figure out how they manage it. Dylan didn't last 5 minuets in those. These muslin blankets have a good stretch to them, so you can really get them tight. These will be what I give anyone I know for a baby shower gift. They are hands down, AMAZING, and cute too!:)








So there you have it. The things that I couldn't live without during the day. I have a pretty easy baby, so he sleeps, eats, and needs a diaper changed, that's about it! If I can think of anything else I use, I'll let you know!



2 comments:

This Crafty Mom said...

yeah, I agree! my girls loved the swing and their bouncer seat! as for their room, it's not ever used until they move in, we moved the girls in around 6-8 weeks old, but we had the pack-in-play at the foot of our bed too! way convient! i don't think you can ever have enough clothes, you never know what will come ur way and unless you keep up w/laundry daily, you can't have enough... and the diaper genie (we use the diaper champ- we hated buying the refils) will come in handy a lot later on when they eat solid food... nothing smells worse than that poop! yes they will poop less, but they will be more stinky!

sounds like things are going well! I can't wait to meet him!

Kacie.Whigham said...

Thanks for the help! I need all of the advice I can get! I feel like we prayed and prayed and now we're pregnant and I have no clue! Scary!

I'm glad you like the baby names from my cousin. I was crying too when she told me them. Plus, she made this chart thing about what they would like when they grew up. Apparently boys like dirty trucks and the color brown. It was hilarious!

I've been looking at your blogs and your son is precious! I remember seeing your blog some time back because I love your nursery! The stripes are amazing!

Similarities I noticed while reading your blogs: My husband and I were also high school sweethearts. We both traveled abroad, in what looks like college. We went to A&M and went on the marketing trip. Did you go to A&M? I saw a pic of y'all with your A&M friends....I love cooking too and have a food blog to keep track of repeat recipes. Anyway, great to meet you!