Wednesday, January 13, 2010

All Clear

Today my tiny little boyfriend turned 6 weeks old. What did that mean for me? Last doctors visit in a LONG time. I've seen enough Dr's to last me a lifetime! I'm glad to report that nothing exciting happened at the Dr, and everything looks great. Iron, blood pressure, weight ( though I'm still in need of losing a few lb's!) Today I got the ALL CLEAR to start working out again. Though, I'll be honest. I'm lazy. I don't work out. I could have worked out during pregnancy, but again, lazy. So today, after getting home from a meal of a cheeseburger and cheese fries, compliments of Snuffers, I worked out. Since it's kinda crappy outside right now, and well Dylan is still to small for a jogging stroller, I've decided I'll do the 30 Day Shred with Jillian Michael's. I am walking a fine line with working out. I've read and heard that working out can drastically reduce your milk supply, and well, since we're already having issues with that I'll have to watch it very closely, and just hang on to those last pounds until I'm ready to stop nursing! So there you have it. The latest with us.

Yesterday was the first time since we've been back that I got a massage where I could lay on my belly and let me tell you... it was divine! Such a difference, and man, you don't really realize how much 7 or 8 pounds is and the toll it takes on your muscles until you have a massage. Thanks to my sister baby sitting, we were able to enjoy our day and not worry about the little man.

American Idol also started last night, so my mom came over to watch it with my sister, Adam and I. I can't believe the number of people that think they are good singers when wow, they just suck... I can't wait to see the characters the show up at the Dallas auditions!:)

1 comment:

This Crafty Mom said...

Everything sounds wonderful! And don't worry about the weight thing at all... you have plenty of time to work it off and just as long as u keep breastfeeding that should help a lot! Just focus on baby boy and be healthy!