Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Sleeping Equipment

Ever since I can remember I've always been able to sleep easily. When I was in elementary school, and Jr. High, I would always sleep with the radio on. Then I learned that was kinda weird, so in high school I stopped. I can fall asleep just anywhere. Heck, I even fell asleep in a movie theater like the week before I had Dylan! When Adam and I started living together, well I had to get some " equipment" to help me sleep. Why I don't know. Maybe it was that I was getting older and needed to sleep in the dark, but he would always stay up later than me with the lights on, so I invested in an eye mask. Let me tell you the thing has been around for years, and I don't know what I would do without it in our new house. We have windows that face the incorrect way on the map. Therefor, our bedroom is flooded with light at sunrise. Not good if you don't wanna be up.

Recently I've added to the sleeping equipment. Ear Plugs. Yup ear plugs. Remember the three lovely pooches I wrote about a few weeks back? Well that make a lot of noise that just grosses me out. You know, the licking and biting noises that just sound all slurpy and yucky? If I hear them, I cant go to sleep. For some reason, all of the dogs have decided that there skin is crawling, or tastes really good or something, because they all three do it non stop at night. Grated they do have a FEW fleas that I can't for the life of my get rid of. We've sprayed the yard, bathed the dogs, put the nasty stuff on their necks, but they won't go away. Lucky for us, they are not infested, just a few. Anyway, back to the ear plugs. Adam had purchased an eco-box of the soft ear plugs for when he mows the lawn, so I started wearing them. I don't think I have slept so good in a long time.

So I guess there is no real point to this post, just wanted to give you a mental picture of me sleeping with a pink eye mask and some ear plugs. Pretty funny huh? So, if you have trouble staying asleep or getting there for that matter I recommend getting some equipment!:)

1 comment:

Jordy Liz said...

I've actually been wanting to start wearing some because I am such a light sleeper. Are you able to hear your alarm okay? That's what I'm concerned about...