Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The Adventures in Babysitting- Part One

It has been brought to my attention that I have left you guys hanging, with the suspense as to why the babysitting experience was a disaster. So here it is. The names will be changed, other than Adam's of course, so really, just the babysitters name. She will be known as, Sue.


So, it starts out with us needing to find a babysitter for our little man, because his aunt, um... BAILED on us, just kidding Erin. Kinda:) Anyway, Suzan suggests this girl, Sue that goes to their church. She is the oldest of 6, or possibly more kiddo's so she has had LOTS of experience with babies. I knew we just needed someone who would play with him for an hour then put him to bed, and not mind the constant screaming that was going to occur. Damn separation anxiety. So, when I got the OK that she was available we were set.



I have already locked up Bailey and Gator in their "houses" because, they are a little hyper and rambunctious so I thought that it would be easier to just get them out of the way. So, she gets to the house, rings the door bell, and before I can open the door, she very nervously asks me if I can put Louie up.Our sweet fat little Louie. Well Louie doesn't have a crate, so I put in him our bedroom. He was none to happy about that either.



I proceed to give her a quick rundown of what to do, as I was running late, so I said by and took off. It wasn't but maybe an hour later that Adam's phone rings. The conversation goes a little something like this.



Sue: "Hi, Adam sorry to bother you, but I didn't know you had a cat, and I'm wondering what I should do with it, because, well... I'm afraid of animals." In a very nervous voice again.
Adam: " Well, you can put her in the bedroom"
Me: " NOO Louie is in there"
Adam: " Oh well you can put her in the office and close the doors."
Sue: " Where did the cat come from?"
Adam: " I don't know, she was probably just wondering around the house"
Sue: "Oh, ok, well I'll put her in the office. Are you sure the dog isn't going to get out of the bedroom?"
Adam: " As long as you don't open the door, no he shouldn't be able to get out. "
After this conversation, I'll admit, I was a little amused that someone could be so terrified of cats. Especially our cat, who probably had nothing to do with her. I'll conclude this segment of "Adventures in Babysitting" at that. Stay tuned for what happens next. TRUST me, you won't be disappointed!