Monday, October 11, 2010

Crib Saver

One of the many things that I love about Dylan's crib is that it can be 3 different beds. Most cribs these days can, once he needs a big boy boy, we will turn his crib into a toddler bed, then when he is a REALLY big boy, it will be his full sized bed. Lucky kid, I didn't get a full sized bed until I was 16! Anyway, so we( I ) chose a nice masculine one, that I thought he would like for many years to come. A lot of people I read about, give the crib to baby number two, then buy #1, a new toddler bed. Nope, Baby #2, will be getting his own set of furniture. I picked this one out for Dylan. Anyway, since this bed will be around for a while, I thought that it should look as nice as possible.
Enter in Dylan's new trick. STANDING up in his crib. Do you know what standing up equals to him? EATING his bed. The very first night he learned he could stand up, he just stood there and screamed. I knew he could sit down, so we let him cry for a little while. After what seemed like forever passed, he was still crying so I went up there. He was gnawing on his bed. His tiny little teeth had begun to scratch the rail. I wasn't very happy.

The next day, we made a trip to Buy Buy Baby to buy a protector. Now, they have those gummy ones that stick on, but they didn't have very good reviews, and honestly, I didn't want to stick something on there, that might, when i pulled it off pull off wood or something. So I went for the ugly option. But hey, they have tabs to hold toys!


But you know what? It has been a crib saver. It might not look very pretty, but I can assure you, Dylan's bed will only have a few little teeth marks on it. I highly recommend anyone, who has a baby, to invest in these, or put them on your registry. They make them for the side rails and the back rail, but he is too short to reach the back rail, and well, the side rails will be gone when it goes to a full sized bed, so I don't care about those!

No comments: