Monday, March 28, 2011

Accomplished

I did it. It wasn't pretty, but I did it. I ran/ walked, thought about crawling but didn't, 13.1 miles. It was the hardest, most painful thing I've ever done in my life. It was way worse than having a baby. I have never felt so old in my life. I had ice on both my knees, and an ankle last night. I took two screaming hot baths, one at 1 PM another at 9. I can hardly walk. My feet hurt, like the bones in my feet. Never have I felt this. But you know what? I DID IT! My goal was to finish in 3 hours. I finished in 3 hours and 24 seconds;) So I'm counting it. Considering that the farthest I had run was 4 miles, I think that was pretty good. I also hadn't run in over 3 weeks, so my body was a little upset at the fact I was trying to do 13.1 miles! After about mile 6 I was ready to quit. I had no energy and no amount of GU gel's or fancy jelly beans were working. But I just walked, with a little running here and there! Even that was hard. I am also pretty sure, my idea of a mile is very different than everyone elses. They just kept getting longer and longer. But like I said. I DID IT. I will NOT ever do it again without proper training though. I don't advise it.

1 comment:

~The Neaves Nest~ said...

Congratulations!! Thats a huge accomplishment!