Saturday, August 18, 2012

Lesson's Learned

We are back.  We made it.  We drove to and from Colorado with a two and a half year old and a ten month old and survived.  Dare I say, that it was pretty easy, I would maybe consider doing it again. Though on our first vacation as a family of four, I did learn some great lessons:

- I might have the most easy going, adaptable children ever.
- Always take everything with you in a diaper bag.  Even if you have not used it in months.  Luckily for me, Beaver Creek Colorado has a Walmart!
- Driving after taking a nap and knowing you are leaving, is much easier than leaving after a 9:45pm soccer game, and not deciding until 6 pm you are leaving.
- I love my mini van.  This trip would not have been possible without it.
- My mini gets AWESOME gas mileage.
- There are a lot of crappy "towns" in Texas.  Like seriously.
- I gain way too much weight on vacations, but the food is just so delish.
- Taking the boys on a solo walk down the mountain seems like a great idea.  Until you have to walk back up.
- Having such a great trip this week, makes me excited for our long weekend away next month.
- I'm so happy that I have in laws who love our boys and will watch them on their vacation so that Adam and I can have a date night.

That's all I can think of right now.  There will be more detailed posts coming this week. Hope everyone had a great week!

No comments: