Saturday, December 1, 2012

Catch Up


I have so many posts in my head, but I'll start with this one.  This was well over a month ago probably, but oh well.  Some of you might remember me having to take Graham to the Cardiologist for a heart mummer when he was about two months old.  I was supposed to take him back six months later, but because our insurance wouldn't cover it, the doctor made his mummer sound like no big deal, I had put it off.  At his one year appointment, his Dr, said that it was still very much there, and that we should have it checked out again.  The Cardiologist, said he should outgrow it by one year.

The next week, there we were, hooked up to machines, and not very happy about it.  He was a champ though, but it did make his mommy a little sad to see all the leads on him.  And the tiniest blood pressure cuff you ever did see.  Per the usual, he was happy once he got some food, or something to put into his belly.  He also found this other really handsome baby in the room with us as well.  He was a trouper.

I had to hold him during the ultrasound that seemed to go on forever, though I know it was only ten or fifteen minuets.  But having to make him sit still and lay back, was pure torture. He was not a happy camper.

The verdict was that his mummer is almost gone, and that it will be no big deal.  The Cardiologist actually thought it was interesting his pedi was concerned about it.  But I would rather our doctor mention it is something that concerns him and we do everything we can to make sure he is OK, than for him to not, and something be really wrong with our baby boys heart.  I'm happy that he got a clean bill of health, and also happy that we don't have to go back for another year!

No comments: