Monday, April 19, 2010

" I don't wanna miss a thing..."

Yup, I sure did... I quoted an Aerosmith song. You all know which one it is! As I sit here waiting for Dylan to wake up from a nap, I was taking some time to reflect on the last 4 and half months ( Geez, he's growing up so fast.. stop it dammit!) I was thinking about how lucky we were to have an easy pregnancy, delivery and over all, easy baby. How everything that I've ever imaged happening, happening with the greatest of ease. Though I suppose it would be more conventional if Adam had a job;)
But being unemployed has been the greatest blessing in disguise. I always knew that I wanted to be a stay at home Mom. Adam knew early in our relationship that was what I wanted also, and well, he stuck with me so I guess he doesn't mind it. But little did I know that he was going to get to be a stay at home dad, for at least a good portion of our son's infancy. I wouldn't trade it for anything. Luckily we like each other, because well, we are with each other twenty four hours a day, most days!!! I feel so lucky that we have both been able to see Dylan's " firsts" Smile, laugh, cereal feeding,rolling over and all the many more things to come. Like I've said before, those first few months are kinda boring, all Dylan did there was lay there, eat and pee! But now that he is almost 5 months old, he is a joy. He wakes up with a smile on his face all the time, he laughs, has learned to roll over. We get to hang out outside in our shades and enjoy the beautiful Spring days, and go on walks with the doggies every night. I just think about how he did all these things during the day, and how I would have missed them had I been at work. Being a stay at home mom is tough, as I'm sure being a working mom is. Granted I know I've had it easier because Adam has been here to help, but I am pretty sure it would be so hard for me to leave my man during the day, we've grown so attached to each other, being away for a few hours is hard enough! It just reminds me every. single. day that I am so lucky to be able to stay at home with my little monkey man, and I don't take for granted one smile, laugh, scream, or cry. He is the light of my life, my greatest accomplishment, and of course I couldn't have done it without Adam. The other man in my life, who I don't know what I would do without! I Love you both!

1 comment:

The doTERRA Darling said...

I can't believe Dylan is almost 5 months old! Why do they grow up so fast!!!