Saturday, April 24, 2010

My Saving Grace


If it were not for this this face, I would be a TRUE mess.
Not that I am not, but it's hard not to have a smile on your face, when something so Innocent looks up at you. He doesn't know what has happened, and he won't understand for a LONG time. But every time I look at him whether I have tears in my eyes or am smiling at him, he reciprocates the look with a huge grin, that will undoubtedly put a smile on my face. It helps to know that she loved this little boy unconditionally and I know that she would be proud of me for carrying on with my life and living for my family.

For those of you who don't know. My Mom, passed away on April 22, after 12 excruciatingly long hours in the Er, and the ICU. She was always afraid to go to the Dr, therefore, once arriving at the hospital, she was diagnosed with stage four lung and liver Cancer,and as a result multisystem failure. It has been a shock to our systems, it all happened so fast and I'm not sure it has fully hit me yet, but in the mean time, I'm keeping myself busy.

5 comments:

The doTERRA Darling said...

We are praying in Houston. I'm so sorry.

The Pettijohn's said...

So many prayers for you and your family right now - blog world sends you many, many hugs right now.

This Crafty Mom said...

i think about you all the time. It totally breaks my heart that you and your family have to go through this. I am so sorry. I feel like the same thing is going to happen to my mom. She will not go or hasn't seen a dr in over 25 years. She is a smoker and her identical twin sister died of lung cancer from smoking, I think that is why she is so afraid. and we have tried for years to get her to go and she wont. My heart and thougts/prayers are with you my dear.

xoxo

Christine said...

Lindsey-

I am so sorry to hear that. My grandma passed away on the 22nd as well from stage four lung & liver cancer. You are definately in our thoughts & prayers...I understand the pain that goes along with that diagnosis.

Christine

Ashley Paulson said...

The best advice I can give is that it does get easier with time. Be thankful that your mother got the chance to meet that beautiful baby boy.