Tuesday, July 10, 2012

CO-OP

Do any of my lovely three readers know anything about produce co-ops?  I didn't know much, other than I had heard and read about CSA's maybe last year.  The deal is, it's a bunch of people who pool their money together to buy produce.  I'm not sure where from to be honest, I didn't really do much research.  But a few weeks ago, a girl on my soccer team emailed the information to me because she had started doing it and thought I might be interested.  She was right.  I pay $15, for produce.  Now, I've only done it once ( the pickup location in Plano sells out pretty quick so I missed it the first week) but I was really pleased.  I have eaten more fruit in the last 3 days than I did in the entire month of June I think.  We got peaches, plums, bananas, limes, mangoes, strawberries,grapes probably 2 lbs, probably 2 lbs of green beans, cauliflower,  green leaf lettuce, tomato's and 3 huge zucchini.  I'm not sure how much I usually spend on fruits and veggies, but I do know that mango's alone at about $1 a piece, so I feel like I got a pretty good deal.  I even signed up again for this week.  I might start doing every other week depending on how quickly stuff goes bad, or we eat it.  I will tell you though, I had a peach yesterday, it was AMAZING!!!

So if you haven't looked into doing a co-op, you should give it a whirl.  I usually get stuck in a rut with the veggies I buy so this is nice to have to change it up a bit.  If you have any questions, feel free to ask, but I can't gurantee I can answer them!:)

4 comments:

The Links said...

I have been interested in doing something like this. I like that you were able to do it once but you are not bound to doing forever or for a certain amount of time. Would you mind passing the info to me??

Ashlee said...

I'm interested! Is this easy for someone who works or might have a brand new baby?

The Fenner's said...

Hey Ashlee, your name isn't linked to an email. please leave me your email so I can answer your questions!:)

Ashlee said...

ashlee.zboch@yahoo.com

Thanks!