Wednesday, March 24, 2010

As requested...

Courtney requested that I do a blog post about my newest and latest attempt to lose some weight!:) Lets face it, having a baby kinda reeks havoc on ones body! I've never been one who loves working out, I think it was years of required running during soccer that really ruined it for me. I HATE IT!!! Right before I got pregnant, I had gotten into a gym routine in Philly. Well, of course once I knew about the baby, that was a GREAT excuse to not go anymore, so I didn't. I didn't work out for the entire 9 months, and luckily I only gained the ( Maximum) recommended amount of weight, at 35 lbs. Which could have been a lot worse I suppose, and I'm not complaining. Everyone says that breastfeeding will make you drop the weight, but just like every baby is different, ever momma is too. I lost about 20 lbs REAL quickly, but then I stopped. I think it might have been because I wasn't making much, therefore my body was hanging onto EVERY calorie I put in my body? That's what I tell myself at least. I've been back in my pre-pregnancy jeans for about two months now, so that's good, but I'm still not terribly happy with my body, hence the need for P90X!

I actually had been thinking about ordering it for about a month before I actually did. Even though I'm only three days into, I'm really glad that I did. I'm not one to self motivate, I've always come up with excuses, always liked the classes at the gym because I need someone to push me. Well, this does. Adam has decided to do it with me ( when he's feeling like it) so that's nice. I can definitely see how it works. Even though there are specific days for specific areas, every day you are working muscles everywhere. For example: Today was arms and shoulders, and Abs.. well all those muscles were already sore from the first two days! I'm doing the "Lean" version, which focus's more on cardio and building lean muscles than bulking up, because, well I don't need to bulk up!!! So there you have it, I'm 3 days into it and going strong, though tomorrow I might not be able to hold my son! But hopefully in 90 days I can say that I like the way I look, and it was worth it.

I also got a really good price on it. I ordered it from a place called TheDVDcity dot com. They are in China, but I only paid $65 for all the DVD'S, book, and the nutrition guide. And so far so good, no scratched DVD's or anything!!!

1 comment:

Court's Blog said...

Thank you Lindsay!!! Sounds like P90X is going great!!! Those lbs are going to melt right off. Then I will be forced to do it! Hmmm...maybe I don't need to know how well it works. j/k! Thanks again for the info!