Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Unconditional

I think before you are really truly a parent, you don't really know what unconditional love is. Though Dylan came into our lives almost four months ago, I still find myself looking at him in sheer amazement. I can't believe that Adam and I created this perfect little boy. After feeding Dylan the other night I asked Adam, " Is it weird that sometimes I still cry when I look at him?" You know what my husband's answer was... " nope, I get teary eyed sometimes too!" You see, Dylan is getting to be such a big boy, he doesn't really take naps on my tummy anymore. Something that I dearly miss already:( So the other night when I was feeding him and he fell asleep in my arms, I just sat there and rocked him in the chair for probably a good thirty minutes. He's soo sweet when he is sleeping, not that he isn't when he is awake, but there is just something about a sleeping baby. So there you have it, even though I had been told MANY times to enjoy them when they are young, and I listened but the phase in his life where he wanted to sleep on me is over, and it makes me sad. But I couldn't be any more in love with him, or his daddy, who takes such great care of both of us! I know I'm not the only one to say this, but I'm pretty sure I'm the luckiest lady in the land!;)

No comments: