Thursday, March 28, 2013

Tasmania- The Tree Walk

Wishing Tree
This is something that would usually be out of my element. If you know me, you know I'm not the largest fan of heights.  I mean, I don't mind flying, or being on the top floor of a building, but I am not a fan of roller coasters, or bridges that can swing going of little rivers.  Walking through the trees on little walkways isn't so bad. The bridges that could swing, and the people with you  tried to scare the pee out of me, not so much my cup of tee.  With that said, there isn't a whole lot to say about the tree walk, other than, you walk along the tops of these REALLY old trees, and look around at a perspective that you are not used to.  They had these massive flies that were really annoying, but other than that, it was a great time, and again, I'm so glad we had Laura as a travel guide because that isn't an activity I would have planned. 


After walking on  the trees, we decided we needed to go see the largest tree in Australia.  I mean, you would have too right?  Well, these pictures don't do this thing justice.  It was HUGE.  Now it wasn't the tallest, nor the oldest tree, but it was the biggest.  Sadly, the platform was closed for repairs, so we couldn't get that close to it, but we saw enough.   HUGE.
Andrew didn't care about a closed platform.  Crazy Aussies!

No comments: